Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 upgrade queries for Hp Pavilion dv6330ea Notebook PCs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Siva_Lovable

Siva_Lovable

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

Hi

Model No- HP Pavilion dv6330ea Notebook PC. Refer to the link http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=us&d

I had purchased my laptop from Glasgow, UK for my academic purpose. At present i am in India. I am planning to install Windows 7 Professional which was downloaded from Msdn Academic and also have original product key with me.

Therefore i have recently scanned my system with Windows 7 upgrade advisor and found these result. 

Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor Report[/size]

Computer Name: Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium CPU: Intel® Core™ Duo CPU T2350 @ 1.86GHz Memory: 2.0 GB

System Details

Upgrade options available

You can upgrade to 32-bit Windows 7 Home Premium or Ultimate.
Go online to get detailed instructions on how to upgrade

Windows Mail and Parental Controls (Web Filtering)

These features are no longer included in Windows 7. You can get similar programs for Windows 7 from other software manufacturers.
Go to the Microsoft website to learn more

More info from Hewlett-Packard

Hewlett-Packard has a website that might give you more information about getting Windows 7 running on your PC.
Visit the Hewlett-Packard website

Windows Aero support

Your graphics adapter supports the Windows Aero user interface.
Go online to learn more about Windows Aero

CPU speed: 1.9 GHz

Your CPU meets the 1 GHz minimum requirement.

2.0 GB of RAM

Your PC meets the 1 GB minimum requirement.

24.8 GB free space available on C:

Your hard disk meets the minimum requirement of 16 GB free space for 32-bit Windows 7.
Devices Status Details

Intel® PRO/1000 PL Network Connection
Intel

Action recommended
Before installing Windows 7, go to the device manufacturer's website to download the latest driver for this device. After installing Windows 7, install the saved driver.

============================================================================
Rest of the things are compatible or can download from internet.

So my queries is that as per hp website, there is no support for windows 7 for this model. But i want to install windows 7 into my laptop. so what are the precautions i need to take before i can proceed with it. 

Please let me know as i love to install windows 7 into my laptop dv6330ea

Thank you

Edited by Queen-Evie, 20 May 2013 - 02:02 PM.
moved from another topic and merged into this one.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Siva_Lovable

Siva_Lovable
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

Hi Daniel,

Model No- HP Pavilion dv6330ea Notebook PC. Refer to the link http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3411896&

I am planning to upgrade my system from Vista Home Premium 32-bit to Windows 7 Professional 32-bit. 

Some forum like hp, microsoft say that 

"Users with nVidia graphic card should check temperature of this device before upgrade.

This way you will know is it working ok in Windows 7 too. "

q1]           what is minimum / best temperature should have for CPU, GPU, motherboard and HDD?

q2]           Is this temperature is enough to upgrade to Windows 7? Will it will create any problem after upgrading to Windows 7?

Here are the temperature value of my system by CPUID Hardware Monitor v1.22 

Motherboard - Quanta 30BC

Temperatures - THR1

Value - 46 C (114 F)

Min - 46 C (114 F)

Max - 62 C (143 F)

Inter Core Duo T2350

Temperatures - Core 0

Value - 41 C (105 F)

Min - 41 C (105 F)

Max - 64 C (147 F)

Temperatures - Core 1

Value - 41 C (105 F)

Min - 41 C (105 F)

Max - 64 C (147 F)

Harddisk - ST9250315AS

Temperatures - Assembly

Value - 48 C (118 F)

Min - 48 C (118 F)

Max - 49 C (120 F)

Temperatures - Air Flow

Value - 48 C (118 F)

Min - 48 C (118 F)

Max - 49 C (120 F)

Please reply which will help me to decide whether to proceed to upgrade to Windows 7 professional or not at HP Pavilion dv6330ea Notebook PC

#3 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

Hi

What you need to do is to run Microsoft's own Win 7 upgrade advisor to check whether your system is compatible with Windows 7. Here is the download link :

http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=20

If it certifies your system as 7 compatible, you don't need to worry about anything.

Edit :

I found you made a double post and the other includes the upgrade advisor report.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495208/need-to-install-windows-7-professional-on-hp-pavilion-dv6330ea-notebook-pc/

It seems that your system is compatible with Win 7. Manufacturer's are generally not bothered about updating drivers for old models. Either your System devices are supported by Win 7 stock drivers or they may be available via Windows update. Best way to make sure is to install a  30 day trial version of the Win 7 and check all devices are working properly.

Here is a legally valid link for the "Windows 7 32 bit home premium" edition : http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-58996.iso

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 20 May 2013 - 01:39 PM.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

I merged the upgrade report from your other topic into this one. Please do not start multiple topics about the same issue. It's best to keep it all in one place.

#5 Siva_Lovable

Siva_Lovable
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

Hi

What you need to do is to run Microsoft's own Win 7 upgrade advisor to check whether your system is compatible with Windows 7. Here is the download link :

http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=20

If it certifies your system as 7 compatible, you don't need to worry about anything.

Edit :

I found you made a double post and the other includes the upgrade advisor report.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495208/need-to-install-windows-7-professional-on-hp-pavilion-dv6330ea-notebook-pc/

It seems that your system is compatible with Win 7. Manufacturer's are generally not bothered about updating drivers for old models. Either your System devices are supported by Win 7 stock drivers or they may be available via Windows update. Best way to make sure is to install a  30 day trial version of the Win 7 and check all devices are working properly.

Here is a legally valid link for the "Windows 7 32 bit home premium" edition : http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-58996.iso

But what is the answers for these queries

q1]           what is minimum / best temperature should have for CPU, GPU, motherboard and HDD?

q2]           Is this temperature is enough to upgrade to Windows 7? Will it will create any problem after upgrading to Windows 7?

#6 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

Hi

There is no specific temperature for a particular OS. High temperature is bad for any system regardless of the OS you are running (Vista , 7 , 8 or Linux). The temperature listings you posted is not high for a laptop. In fact Win 7 uses less CPU and memory resources than Vista and i don't expect a temperature increase when changing the OS.

Also i expect an improvement in boot time and overall performance than Vista. I highly recommends installing the trial version first and evaluate it for 30 days. If everything works OK, purchase a licence and activate it.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 20 May 2013 - 11:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users