Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Videos Shortened, But Audio Goes On

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TheYoda

TheYoda

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:58 PM

I made some home videos using my digital camera and a Cassette to DVD recorder for the older videos. They were just sitting on my harddrive being looked at occasionally. The last time I looked, they were shortened dramatically. I opened them in Pinnacle 10.5 Plus because I was going to make a DVD for my family when we all got together for Easter. This is not working out because the videos are shortened dramatically and most of the data not visible. I tryed opening them in Windows Media Player and they played as 30 second (about) clip and the when on a few seconds after the slider has reached the end of the player. The image froze, but the audio kept going until the end of the video. When I move the slider around a bit while playing it, it jumps to parts of the video that would normally be there, but it's still under the 30 second constraint and a few seconds after the slider reaches the end, it stops playing, but once again audio continues. Is this a problem with my codec? I tryed realplayer, Quicktime, and other players all with the same results. Are my files corrupt? They're about 100-200MB each, even when shortened. If someone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. My computer's specs are in my signature, if needed.

"A coward dies a thousand times before his death. The valiant never taste of death but once." -William Shakespeare

Fold for your future...Help us find a cure.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:38 PM

Hello,

What is the file extension of the movies that you are dealing with? ie...vob, .ifo, .avi, .cue, .bin, and so on.

nos :thumbsup:
When I'm right, I'm right....
And when I'm wrong, I could have been right....
So I'm still right, cause I could have been wrong.

#3 TheYoda

TheYoda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:42 PM

MPEGs. I made them with Pinnacle 8 from a dvd rip. (.mpg)

Edited by TheYoda, 11 April 2006 - 09:44 PM.

"A coward dies a thousand times before his death. The valiant never taste of death but once." -William Shakespeare

#4 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:19 AM

Hello,

MPEG's should play in WMP by default, so I don't think that it is a codec problem. They should also play in your version of Pinnacle as well, so my guess would be that the header is damaged, and it is giving the wrong information to the codecs that handle it's format.

You might look at the options HERE. I have worked with TMPEGnc before, and it is a good app. I have also used MPEG Corrector, and it also did it's job. Both of these are mentioned in the info from the link.

Hope this helps,

nos :thumbsup:

#5 TheYoda

TheYoda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:15 PM

Thanks a lot! :thumbsup:
I had TMPGEnc already and I didn't know I could use it to fix my videos. Thanks a lot, my family will be very pleased on Easter! :flowers:

:trumpet: OOOHHHH YEAAHH!!

#6 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2006 - 06:40 PM

Hello,

Always happy to help, :thumbsup: and I hope that your video problems are resolved before Easter.

nos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users