Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to view the current running connections ...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 addison

addison

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 17 November 2004 - 03:36 AM

Hello! I want to view the current running connections of my pc, so how I can do it?
If you know, please tell me! Need your help!
Thanks......... :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 17 November 2004 - 03:47 AM

:thumbsup: To BC - addison

What OS are you using?

Probably what you want if its WinXP is to right click on your task bar and then left click on the "Task Manager". This will open a box that will show you all running programs on your system.

Regards,
~Koan
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 18 November 2004 - 04:09 PM

Hello!  I want to view the current running connections of my pc, so how I can do it?
If you know, please tell me! Need your help!
Thanks......... :thumbsup:

netstat /a

That's in cmd window. Type netstat /? for all options.
The part I don't understand is HOW to use the * entries, apparently it has to do with open ports. What does one do with them?

#4 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 18 November 2004 - 06:13 PM

All good advice, IMO, addison. If perhaps you are looking for "all current running processes" also/instead (?) try this free little one. Extract to a folder and click the .exe to see, and if you are online, additional info is provided. sysinternals, home of cool little free utilities and their PS Tools series. Check the list for appropriate items. I'd vouch for the authenticity of them, and they come "no strings attached". and haven't caused any conflicts operating them on winXP. Double check if you use something else. :thumbsup:

Edited by phawgg, 18 November 2004 - 06:16 PM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users