Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help heads baffled

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dannynuk

dannynuk

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:06 AM

Hi all im new here and require some help if anyone knows the solution. 

I have a TF560 a2+ with AMD 64 athlon x2, 240v psu , x2 1g drr2 800 ram and a sapphire hd 3850, I have installed the graphics card into the motherboard and plugged in all power cables to graphics card yet I do not see anything on the monitor, Im just wondering is the graphics card compatible with the motherboard?

By the way the motherboard doesnt have an internal graphics card so i can not plug monitor into that?

any suggestions on what it could be

Kindest regards 

Danny 

Edited by dannynuk, 20 May 2013 - 06:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:16 AM

From what I can see it should be compatable with your board. You show your PSU as 240v, is that supposed to be volts? Or is it watts? If it's watts then you're too small. :blink:

"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 dannynuk

dannynuk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:18 AM

230V sorry and volts mate, Its proper baffled my head i have no idea where i have gone wrong

#4 dannynuk

dannynuk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:23 AM

Any idea where i could be going wrong?

#5 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:33 AM

230v is equivalent to 230 watts depending on the amperage, which is barely enough to push that system. Also the pci-e x16 slot could be bad as well. Was you experiencing this issue prior to the video card? Is this a new build that your building, or are you simply swapping out the video card? Provide us with some more details please.

Edited by chrisd87, 20 May 2013 - 07:35 AM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#6 dannynuk

dannynuk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

No my old motherboard give up so i got this new one hoping it would solver the problem but now no monitor displays

#7 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

Ok, make sure that you have the monitor plugged into the correct DVI port on the back of the card. You'll have 2 connection slots on the back, and make sure that the monitor is plugged into the correct one. Also make sure that all cables are hooked back up correctly on the motherboard.

Does the graphics card come on, and the fan spins?

#8 dannynuk

dannynuk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

I have tryed both slots mate on the graphics card and the monitor still appears black, I have also tryed a new DVI cable, And all the fans spin, CPU fan spins, Graphics card fan spins, 

#9 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

do you have another monitor that you can test with? Also on the monitor, is there a setting to switch sources? I know some monitors allow you to switch sources so you can have 2 computers on 1 monitor.

Also can you reset your bios for me? Most of the time there will be a jumper that you take off of 2 pins and then put it back. Also you can remove the CMOS battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in and see if that helps.

Edited by chrisd87, 20 May 2013 - 01:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users