Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE9 problem on Windows 7 Pro desktop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kinhunter25

kinhunter25

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

I was having some problems with my Windows 7 32-bit  computer and think I have it narrowed down to something to do with using the browser, especially IE as when I want to get on the internet all 100% of my resources are being used. 

All the security programs (Avast, MBAM, ccleaner) have been run and found nothing. However, Secunia would not run for some reason. All other programs seem to work okay. 

I've gone into start up programs and turned off those I don't want starting up when I start my computer and  I've disabled or turned off everything such as browser add ons but still am having the problem.  

I'm beginning to wonder if maybe there is some sort of virus/malware, etc. that could be causing the problem. 

Ideas anyone?

Edited by kinhunter25, 19 May 2013 - 10:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 957 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

Have experienced similar problems with IE9. Solution that worked for me was to reset IE.

#3 kinhunter25

kinhunter25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by "reset" IE.  Please explain .  Thanks. 

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:13 AM

Follow these instructions.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows7/reset-internet-explorer-settings-in-internet-explorer-9

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users