Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Oops! Probably an easy fix or I totally broke it...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SurfBaby

SurfBaby

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

So I realized my touchpad mouse isn't working on my laptop and when I opened it up (or tried to because I'm scared of dislodging more cables) I realized the touchpad cable is disconnected to the base--I think I'm using the correct terms. Anyway, I can't seem to push the cable back in. How do I fix this?

How did this happen? Short and simple...I dropped my computer. There are other things needed fixing too but one thing at a time please @.@ I'm a broke single mother with a child that has more medical bills then a hypochondriac patient. DIY fixes are all I got. So please help?

Edit:IDK, maybe I'm not doing it right. Should it be able to slide in easily? (lol that's what she said) I can't seem to find a cable lock or something but then again the tab and the crack I'm looking to see everything is small and my hand can hardly fit to fix the problem.

Edited by SurfBaby, 19 May 2013 - 01:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

Hi, Since there is more than one kind of connector used in laptops, to be able to help, You will need to provide the make and model of the Laptop.

Thanks

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 19 May 2013 - 01:51 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 SurfBaby

SurfBaby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

uuuhhh...a Toshiba Satellite L355D-S7815?

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

Hi

Watch the below videos. It illustrates how to properly disassemble and reassemble Toshiba L355D. 

#5 SurfBaby

SurfBaby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

Thank you! I saw those video's earlier on youtube and fixed it myself already ^_^ Once I learned how to open it, the rest was easy to figure out. Apparently all I had to do was get in the right angle to unlock the base so the tab would go in easily. Then I fixed the charging problem as well. Saved me a lot on money, yay! Thank you guys for the reply's!

#6 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

We are glad you solved the problem.

Thank You for reporting the results.

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users