Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer starting to make loud noise and crashing game. HELP!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 arviko

arviko

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

Hi this is my first post on this forum, so dont judge me :)

Recently my computer have been starting to make a huge noise when I start it then it gets higher and lower. This ends up with that when I log in I have to wait for the "Welcome" untill my computer stopped making this noise.

This is not the only issue. This computer has been starting to get slower and slower. My MAIN issue here is that when I play my game "WoW" the computer "Crashes". This "crash" makes my monitor to close "no signal" and my computer to still be on. When I restart it, it works as usual but still with the noise lag and crashes.

This crash has NEVER happened before until this last noise happened and im scared to play WoW untill I get an answer on what I should do. I'm afraid I might hurt my computer. I did disk fragmenting, antivirus and CCcleaner. If this doesnt have to do with the computer hardware I can gladly format the computer.

Edited by hamluis, 19 May 2013 - 01:36 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:36 PM

Hi,

It sounds like you are in the process of experiencing a hardware failure.

What tests or scans have you run to check on your hardware operations?

What does CHKDSK /R report?

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 arviko

arviko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

Malwarebytes, ccleaner, smart defrag.

CHKDSK /R report? Explain please

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,387 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

Chkdsk /r...is a Windows tool for checking file structure of the partition...using it won't necessarily provide any info re a hardware problem.

Running the appropriate hard drive diagnostic will verify/refute the functional status of the hard drive.

Typical reasons for unusual noise in a system are failing hard drive and failing fans.

Louis

#5 arviko

arviko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:51 AM

After some reasearch i realized the problem was my harddrive. My computer is about 3 yrs old. Should i get a new pc or change the harddrive?

#6 arviko

arviko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:52 AM

If im going to replace, how do i check which hard drives fit in my computer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users