Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown User Title upon booting PC

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Nigelajodha

Nigelajodha

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

No training with Win 7. Got a second hand PC with it installed. When I power on the unit for the first time each day I am presented with a profile name TAAA that is not listed anywhere in user accounts. It however takes the password credentials of my user name and allows me to log in. Have looked for the profile, to change its name but it does not exist. If I should then log off, I would then see the known users that are listed on the unit. The TAAA profile is now gone. its not the admin account as I've checked this

What is this?

Edited by Nigelajodha, 19 May 2013 - 08:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

Sounds like a question that should have been asked...of the seller.

If it's not in User Accounts...I would think it is not a profile.

I get nothing useful or related to computers...when I Google "TAAA".

Louis

#3 Nigelajodha

Nigelajodha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

Well with the IT world as it is today I would not want to ask him as I am of the belief that it could be a security breach of sorts. Latest update is that I have been logged off for a few hrs since the post and on relogging on I see all the user names and ....the TAAA is not listed.

Its as though someone is changing my user profile to  theirs and logging unto this pc 

#4 Nigelajodha

Nigelajodha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

Unit came with preset desktop programs such as Bing & Utorrent. These are never used by me and for the first week of purchase I could shut down the PC with no issue. Recently I am now getting that these 2 programs are running and need to be stopped prior to shut down. If as its said, that they always run in the background how is it that for more than a week I could shut down the pc with out getting the message that these programs are running and need to be stopped?

#5 Nigelajodha

Nigelajodha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:55 AM

I'm getting something new now. When I log unto the PC, it accepts the first log with the usual welcome then suddenly switches back to incorrect password and I retype exactly the same password which it then accepts. Why are the legit credentials being rejected the first time

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

IMO...the first thing I would do...if I acquired a computer that had originally belonged to and been used by someone else...is do a clean install of Windows.  That would be done to eliminate chasing old issues with the system and provide a much better basis for determining how to proceedd if problems developed in the future.

This is no answer for your situation, just an observation noted for anyone considering the purchase of such system.

Louis

#7 drwmbt

drwmbt

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

You might want to do a factory reset especially if this was given to you with Bit Torrent programs on it. Just to cover your OWN ass. Also, you'll want to backup any of YOUR information and do the complete system reset where it erases the hard drive and repalces the core system files. You will then remake your profile, reload your data and should be smooth sailing.

If you wish to investigate into the TAAA Account further then start by pressing "Start" and in the search field type "User Accounts" then in the user accounts window click "Manage User Accounts" look for the user in that list and delete it if its there. If not you can continue looking for it by Clicking in the "Advanced" tab and then clicking the Advanced button A new window pops up and click the Users folder on the left most column of this window. If you see the user name appear in the middle column highlight it, right click and delete it

If its not there click the "Groups" folder on the left-most column. Check each of the "Administrative" style groups by double clicking the entry in the middle column and again search for that user name, you may not be able to delete it from here we're just checking for any entries that correspond with this.

One last thing if you still have not found the user is to click the start button again, highlight "Computer" and right click it. Then choose properties. From the properties window pop-up choose "Advanced System Settings" and then when the System Properties window pops-up look under the "User Profiles" heading for the "Settings" button and click it. Here you should see a list of the accounts locally on the computer and you can delete it from the menu, its a straight forward process.

If you still cannot find and erase the account name you are looking for I highly, highly reccomend a factory reset any way possible whether it be from a recovery partition, a disc that came with the computer or calling the OEM that manufacturered the computer and ordering a rescue disc.

#8 Nigelajodha

Nigelajodha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

drwmbt ...thank you. I have not tried any of your options but at least......its a method of finding exactly who and what TAAA is and where it might be located. Locally, options given for most of IT hardware issues are. " Buy a new hard drive / Do a complete restore of the OS / buy a new motherboard". Nobody cares to find out what is the cause of an issue. I have seen multitudes of HDD's thrown away due to software issues to the unnecessary expense of the pc owner. A format, and reinstall of the OS & Windows was all that would have been needed in these cases. Thanks again. If I am unable to locate or resolve the TAAA user issue I would then do a clean reinstall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users