Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiplier changes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 suzi9spal

suzi9spal

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

Hello,

Recently, my computer has slowed down significantly. I first thought it might be a software issue, so I formatted the disk, and installed Windows 7 again. This did not resolve the issue. In search of the answer, I installed CPU-Z and stared at the CPU's frequency for about 2 minutes. I noticed, that the Multiplier often jumps from 20 to 8. Is this normal? And if not, how can it be fixed?

P.S. I have reset the BIOS to it's default settings

Thank you for your time,
suzi9spal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

power saving features can cause that. Like Intel Speedstep (google that). AMD also have a similar technology.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

What caperdog said...this system has an AMD board/processor and it happens to me....power-saving feature built-in.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users