Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Officejet 6500 Won't Print In Color

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 stillanovice

stillanovice

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

Hey all! 

I just replaced all three color cartridges in my printer and it won't print from a WordPerfect document in color when I use a color font.    It does, however, photocopy, in color.  I looked to see if greyscale is checked, and it's not.  Not sure what else to do.  Can someone help me with this?  Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JH1

JH1

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

This article may help

#3 jamiep87

jamiep87

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

If copying works fine then more than likely the issue is on the computer. Can you try printing from another computer? If it does work on another then uninstall all the HP related software and then download and install the latest versions from HP website. It is odd that it happened after replacing the ink though

#4 stillanovice

stillanovice
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

I did a print quality report from the printer (it wouldn't print when I gave the command from the computer!) and the page came out great - all in color!   I went back into WordPerfect and typed a few words in color and printed - that came out black. 

I went online and printed an online coupon - it printed with black and color!  That probably means this is something to do with Wordperfect.  Should I repost my question in a different forum?

Edited by stillanovice, 18 May 2013 - 08:19 PM.

#5 stillanovice

stillanovice
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

Hello ... still having the problem - wondering if anyone can help me with this?  Thank you for any ideas.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

Seems...that there is a default setting in the printer software...for text as black only, if I read you correctly.

If photos print in color, regardless of source...that's what I would be looking for.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users