Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Corruption Lingers Following Infection (Internet Security 2013 Rogue Malware)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 naturesprophetlol

naturesprophetlol

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

Greetings,

My laptop was infected with the Rogue Malware called Internet Security 2013. I had some success in removing it after using Malwarebytes, but there are corruptions that linger. For instance, my Microsoft Security Essentials was not recognizing the only user as the administrator. I fixed this by entirely removing MSE with Microsoft's fix it program; however, I'm now unable to reinstall MSE--even from a flash drive. It is an installation error (probably due to lingering corruption) and not a download error. Of second order is the problem with Internet Explorer. With the infection of the rogue software, IE9 began to refuse everything I tried to download (firefox[second browser], all antivirus/anti-malware software) as a virus and rejected it. I am able to use firefox (once again, ported from a flash drive) and download anything including software.

I have run several different programs

• Malwarebytes
  • Security Check
  • AdwCleaner
  • RogueKiller
  • Microsoft Fix It
  • RKill

I'll post logs as you want them.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by hamluis, 18 May 2013 - 12:22 PM.
Moved from MRL to AII - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,271 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

Please follow Steps 6-8 of Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html and post the requested logs in the forum containing the Prep Guide.

If any other logs are requested, then also post as requested.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users