Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jutta

jutta

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:50 AM

My name is Tom, I use computers but am no more than a basic operator. My problem is that I have a HP Touchsmart and no matter how I type the question in the help section it will not bring up the subject matter. I need to format a disk to copy something on my start up screen but try as I may I cannot find our how to format a disk. In the old days I used MS DOS and just typed format if that tells you how old I am. If anyone has a HP Touchsmart and can tell me how to format a new disk I would be forever in you debt. Thank You.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

If you are using DVD-RW or CD-RW you will be prompted to format the disc.  If this is the case you can use the instructions at this site, or just purchase any non-RW disc (DVD-R, DVD+R, CD-R,CD+R).

Edited by dc3, 18 May 2013 - 08:48 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 jutta

jutta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

If you are using DVD-RW or CD-RW you will be prompted to format the disc.  If this is the case you can use the instructions at this site, or just purchase any non-RW disc (DVD-R, DVD+R, CD-R,CD+R).

and Arachibutryophobia thank you for your response....i know how to get to the area you are referring to.....most on here I suspect know all the ins and outs on a computer but I can basically turn it on and go to AOL and there  I have my favorites saved so i can read the online news and other programs that are important that I have to sign into....I dont even know what all the icons are when the computer first come on.....thanks you very much as I have yet to try it, but saved it in my favorites for I believe I have to buy some disks for the one I tried to use before says CD-R  1x-53x, i think i got it formatted at the time but could not recall how i got there, pure luck i suspect but when i went to make a back up disk i will have to assume that it handle very little space...once again thank you....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users