Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyway of adding this .swf file into microsoft powerpoint

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Freezing

Freezing

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:06 AM

Hi, i want to add this http://www.boeing.com/boeing/aboutus/international/partners.page? animation into microsoft powerpoint 2010. I already tried to insert the .swf file but the globe won't be spinning nor have the red dots. So yea anyone out there knows any alternatives for me to add this animation. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Freezing, 18 May 2013 - 12:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

I don't know the answer, if it's not a standalone file.
This swf file seems to be dependant on other factors.
As a clumsy workaround, I would record the screen and insert the resulting movie, instead.
The basic BB Flashback Recorder is free, if you need a screen capture program.

#3 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

Hi. It's a great animation but it looks like it belongs to Boeing.

Do you have the original SWF file from Boeing saved on your computer or are you trying to borrow it or copy/paste it from the site?

If you do have the file and having trouble getting it to play properly in PowerPoint, that is another issue. PowerPoint does not use Windows Media Player for video playback by default, it uses Media Control Interface (MCI), so it could just be a few settings or a work around to get it to play.

PowerPoint does support SWF. One thing to check is that you must add Macromedia Shockwave Flash ActiveX Control to a slide to play a flash file (.swf) during a slide show. 

Here is a little more information about it from Microsoft:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291875

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users