Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recycle Bin Major Error ?!?!?!?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 castlefox

castlefox

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

When looking at my Recyle Bin on my Win XP Pro PC it looks like there is stuff in it..  but then when I open it up there is nothing in it. 

BUT then when I right click on the Recyle Bin and click on "Empty Recycle Bin"  it says:      "Are you sure you want to delete "WINDOWS"?

(SEE ATTACHED IMAGES OF WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT)

umm.......... Im rather sure I dont want to delete windows!   Or I have some folding called windows and I am just freaking my self out.     I thought I had malware so I did a full scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition and a full scan with Microsoft Security Essentials and neither of them found anything. 

Any suggestions!?!?!?!?

Attached Files

Edited by castlefox, 17 May 2013 - 10:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dolby

Dolby

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

...try un-hiding files & folders - I don't think 'Windows' is supposed to be hidden but..........?????????? - RIGHT click "start" - explore - tools - folder options - "view" tab - tick the "show hidden files & folders" if it already is not - apply - ok - then go back to your recycle bin & if it shows there, restore it - - - don't forget to re-hide files & folders - I don't have any more suggestions if that doesn't help - good luck...wait for a moderator to respond...

Edited by Dolby, 17 May 2013 - 10:23 PM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,289 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

From what I see...your Recycle Bin is corrupt.

I see varying attempts at "fixes" with none seeming to be reliable, IMO.

I would run the chkdsk /r command on the Windows partition.  Start/Run...type chkdsk /r and hit Enter.  Type Y in new screen and hit Enter.  Reboot the system, the command will execute before booting into Windows.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users