Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My laptop keyboard is less responsive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mamameeya

mamameeya

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

Hello folks,

I´ve tried to post this in the correct forum:

My keyboard has lost it´s "sensitivity" recently. If I type at normal speed, it misses out several letters so I find myself having to type very slowly to ensure all letters pressed actually appear on screen. As an example of my problem, I will type the following sentence at normal speed:

his is not only a problemin MS word bu across allmediums wheeby typin gis required.

Thanks for your help anybody!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nanofox

Nanofox

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

Overtime keyboards can lose their sensitivity, it can also happen when dirt and small items,(fingernails clippings, staples, food, etc.) get caught under the keys. Your best bet is to just get an external keyboard. You can get a basic one for about $15 at most stores that have computer parts.

Another option is to try to clean under your keys; however this can be dangerous as they tend to be delicate and I have seen many people break their keyboard trying to clean it.

Edited by Nanofox, 29 May 2013 - 02:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users