Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Taking Ownership

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 979 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

Hello to all,

My OS win 7x64 pro and am attempting to take ownership of drives, files and folders. I've read several tutorials on how to do this and followed instructions. Tried to change permissions using advanced option but to no avail even though I am logged in as Administrator. I get the dialogue box stating you are about to change settings in Registry. Then as I continue a dialogue box appears and says acess denied. Obviously I am not performing the actions in the correct sequence. Below is the actions performed:

Went to computer then security then advanced settings then owner and then attempt to change. This is where I have run into a roadblock.

Are there any "dummy proof" programs? Your time and help would be most appreciated. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 sikntired

sikntired
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 979 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

Thank you Broni !!

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

thumbsup-thumbs-up-approve-ok-smiley-emo

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users