Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google and browser acted suspiciously

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Vespidian

Vespidian

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:49 AM

Hi all.

I am genuinely very concerned that something really nasty may have got onto one of my pc's. Basically I was browsing when the screen went white and any attempt to reload the page just brought up a blank white screen with "Location: ht" written on it. This happened several times with no real pattern over the course of about 20 minutes. What made me reallysuspicious was the fact that during the duration of this the icon for google in my firefox tabs changed into a picture of something that looked like a silver padlock but was too blurry to make out clearly.

I looked this up but found virtually no mention of it anywhere except in regard to something called sslstrip which apparently compromises browser security in a way that I don't even understand but to be honest sounds like an absolutely horrifying thing to have anywhere near my computer. I've disconnected it for the time being but please, if anyone could give me any pointers I would be really, really grateful as this worrying me a lot.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

Hello, it will be best if repost this info and follow this guide as we will need a deeper look.

Preparation Guide

Let me know if that went well.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users