Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windws Update error 8024402C

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Agoenxz

Agoenxz

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

Please Help!

I did almost everythings.. run microsoft fix it, scans, including fresh reinstal the OS,

still the same windows update not working, with the same error code 8024402C..

also it always fails to access any microsoft update websites such as: update.microsoft.com, etc via any browser on my PC... :idea:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:09 AM

Hello and Welcome -

Here are some known articles for you to start with -

What is the Knowledge Base(KB) article number(s) of the failing Windows Updates?

This issue might be caused by a program running on the computer that's preventing Windows Update Services (SVCHOST) from accessing the Internet, if computer is connected to a network at work or an incorrect Domain Name System (DNS) setting for the network connection can also cause this error.

Method 1:
I would suggest you to try the steps in the article and check if it helps.
Windows Update error 8024402C
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows7/windows-update-error-8024402c

Method 2:

If the issue is still not resolved you may try the steps in the knowledge base article and check.
Unable to install updates in Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2509997

You stated that you did a "fresh reinstal the OS", do you mean that you fully reinstalled Windows7 ??

Thank You -

#3 Agoenxz

Agoenxz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:10 AM

Hi,

Yes i think i did fully re installed it using custom option.

Looks like it got blocked from acessing any related windows updates sites..

1st methode done without success.

2nd method is in progress now...

will update agn

thanks

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:23 AM

Try a Repair Install from http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=windows%207%20repair%20install&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sevenforums.com%2Ftutorials%2F3413-repair-install.html&ei=ugSWUdrrGfCWiQeUiYCgCw&usg=AFQjCNEXmypYqNVDeB1R3zbmqY0e3-xtIg&bvm=bv.46471029,d.aGc

#5 Agoenxz

Agoenxz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:41 AM

i havent finish did all the step in the 2nd methode, as its quite long..lol shall i proceed with this google first??

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:46 AM

The link is to Windows 7 Forum and just contains directions on Repair Install

It was just to help you to make your mind up -

#7 Agoenxz

Agoenxz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

I Just follow that upgrade within windows 7, still no luck! windows update still shows same error code.. :( now i plan to do clean installation(i mean custom) and if it still not working, should i proceed with the 2nd methode above?

#8 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

IMO, sounds like you're using a pirated version of Windows, and it's blocking the installation of the Windows updates.. If that is not the case here then here is a tutorial that you can follow.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/91738-windows-update-reset.html

Edited by chrisd87, 17 May 2013 - 08:20 AM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#9 Agoenxz

Agoenxz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

To be honest, I used to using w7 with daz loader and all is fine updates are working good,

Untill couple days ago when i tried to install windows 8 pro then use some activators(which i forgot what it is and maybe i have been delele it now). Thats when the problem begin, windows update not working in w8.

Then i revert back/reinstal w7 with the daz loader but it still not working.

Any clue on whats the problem? and how to fix it...

Edited by Agoenxz, 17 May 2013 - 11:13 PM.

#10 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:20 AM

Exactly what is a "daz loader". I have never heard of one ?? Is this the Fake Windows ??

Research finds you have Fake Windows installed - We are not able to help you with Windows. Please try Linux or Unix O/S -

EDIT -

This is the loader application that's used by millions of people worldwide, well known for passing Microsoft's WAT (Windows Activation Technologies) and is arguably the safest Windows activation exploit ever created. The application itself injects a SLIC (System Licensed Internal Code) into your system before Windows boots this is what fools Windows into thinking it's genuine.

Edited by noknojon, 18 May 2013 - 12:26 AM.

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/8632-Archived-Windows-Loader-The-Official-Thread

It appears that you have an illegal install of Win 7 as the object of this topic.

From the forum rules:

"No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences."

There is a link to many of the forum rules in my signature, should you like to familiarize with them.