Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Booted Off In Msn Groups

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Calum

Calum

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:25 AM

I hope I've posted in the right section.

Using Windows XP, I am booted offline by my ISP (AOL) whenever I click my link to "My MSN Groups". I have no problem with MSN home page or any other link - this is the only link when my ISP boots me offline. What do you think is causing this to happen, and what should I do to rectify the problem?

Calum.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:41 AM

You don't mention what type of internet connection you have i.e. dialup, DSL, cable, etc.

If it is dialup, then connect to the internet. (If you have high speed then you are already connected).

On dailup - minimize the aol software by hitting the minus (-) sign in the upper right corner. (for high speed you can skip this step)

Open Internet Explorer. Log into MSN groups using IE. Do you get kicked off now?
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 Calum

Calum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2006 - 10:14 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't get booted off in IE. I guess it must be a problem with AOL.

Calum.

#4 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:31 AM

You want to use the latest edition of AOL and that would be AOL 9.0 Security Edition. If you are using 9.0 Optimized that would explain why you are having troubles, as it is full of bugs. Of course, all AOL software tends to be buggy.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users