Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 polconv

polconv

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:44 AM

I use XP home edition and have Norton as my antivirus software. However norton is continually disabled and has to be activated again (everyday). When running spybot search and distroy it finds "windows security center.antivirusdisblenotify" and "windows security center.firewalldisablenotify." I pressume this is what is affecting my Norton, but even when i have fixed them they seem to return.

PS I've run all the steps before the hijack this log.
Any help would be appreciated.
Polconv

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:32 AM

Since the Detections Update from July 25, 2005, Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4 has been detecting Security Risks (renamed to "Windows Security Center" on July 30) associated with Microsoft Security Center Registry changes. This is neither a false positive nor a bug. It is just an information.

Read here.

To ignore these, launch Spybot, go to File Menu > Mode and select Advanced mode.
Select Settings > Ignore products > All Products Tab, scroll down and place a check mark next to all entries for Windows Security Center. You can also use the Security.sbi Tab to do the same.

Other than this are you having any problems with your pc or signs of a malware infection? If not, posting a hijackthis log is not necessary. Performing the preliminary steps in the Prep Guide is good for cleaning, updating and overall security maintenance of your system.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users