Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Doc File?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 perplexed

perplexed

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 11 April 2006 - 03:47 AM

Hey guys, I dont know if i posted this in the right place. Anyway im new here and im posting because i need your help.Ok here my dilema i have this DOC file from a torrent i downloaded and i was wondering how would go about opening the file.

Thanks.

Edited by perplexed, 11 April 2006 - 03:49 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jubo

Jubo

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:15 AM

I assume the "DOC" is the file extension. A .doc file is usually created by Microsoft Word. So, you should be able to open it Word....

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:28 AM

Also keep in mind that if you don't know what it is, you shouldn't open it. Viruses come with any extension.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:42 AM

.doc is a MS Word file. Since this was downloaded via P2P, be sure that a Word document is what you would expect to receive and that you exercise extreme care in handling the file.

If you do not have Office installed on your computer, you can download Word Viewer2003 from Microsoft:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en
If you would like a free full office suite that is compatible with Microsoft Office documents, then you can download OpenOffice.org. Other applications can be found under the "Office Applications" in the BC freeware topic found here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users