Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lack of room

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 georgehenry

georgehenry

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

I have a Fujitsu AH530 win 7 64bit. I had a warning about there being a lack of space on one of my hard disc drives. I looked at "my computer" and system C shows 1.93GB free of 50GB. Is there anyway I can increase this drivespace?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

Please...post a screenshot from Disk Management.  Start/Run...type diskmgmt.msc and hit Enter.

How To Capture And Edit A Screen Shot - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic43088.html/page__gopid__2493350

Louis

#3 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

before getting that screenshot I can tell you that you wont be able to get it much below 20-25 GB used even with uninstalling every program that you have put on there.

You may be able to remove backups (system restore points) and save some space, but again your end space used is going to be 20-25GB +whatever files and programs that you have on there.

#4 georgehenry

georgehenry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:45 AM

I have tried to get a screen shot of the page you wanted.

Attached Files

#5 georgehenry

georgehenry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:08 AM

I have tried to reduce the number of things on my computer. The last one I got rid of was google earth. I thought that this was a bit big.

#6 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:49 AM

Are you installing files on the C Drive? Looks like the partition is only for the Windows OS, and the D partition is used for your data? Is the drive filling up on it's own without you installing anything?

Below is a program that we use here for company use, and works really well when finding out what is where:

SpaceMonger:

http://www.sixty-five.cc/download/

Edited by chrisd87, 17 May 2013 - 07:51 AM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

With all due respecct...that program is rather dated (which indicates that there have been no improvements/updating, etc) , IMO.

One alternative, http://www.downloadbestsoft.com/WinDirStat.html

Louis

#8 georgehenry

georgehenry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

I have run WinDirStat. Little "pacmen" seemed to do their job, and I now have 3.29GB. With regard to Chrisd87 I do not choose where my downloads go. I do like them to be on the desktop so I know where they are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users