Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm Bleeping Delighted to become a Bleeping member of this Bleeping Site

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 michael2718

michael2718

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

I signed up here because I felt that perhaps there were some out there who might be experiencing occasional splinters while sliding down the banister of computers and technology, and I felt an obligation to come to such people's aid.

OK.  Do the community standards say anything about tongue-in-cheek deliveries, sarcasm or misdirection??  My topic title was only an attempt to play off of one of the more deliciously titled sites I have ever encountered in all my browsing.  

Likewise, my opening line was merely a denial of the common thread that brings most all of us to this site  - -desperation!!  I live with my laptop for my career (as I suspect do many or most all of us)  and it would be a rare week indeed if I did not find myself at least chin deep in the river of computer despair - - Sites I belong to freeze me out because of sign-on glitches (sometimes even though I have my fingerprint log on and Web-browser "auto-saves" for many log on sites. I could go on, regaling with stories of my glitches while making presentations while  using software programs such as Maple, Mathematica,  PowerPoint, etc. - - but what the heck - -anyone who might be reading this probably falls into one of two possible categories - - Either, you've read this far, and you're thinking, a, "What kind of a moron could have computer problems THAT elementary?", or, b, "You're having exactly the same type of problem, in which case you probably shouldn't be wasting your time here - - you should probably be trying to remedy your own glitches!"

In either case, greetings, all - - trying always to remember, "All it takes is a sense of humor!"

Regards, Michael

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users