Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware removed, but my touchpad is acting crazy on main user.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Emankcin

Emankcin

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

After a long battle with the Zeroaccess and Norton Power Erase, my malware is gone, but sometime in one of the last scans, my computer froze up, and I was forced to do a hard reset. When I got it back on, my touchpad was screwy. It acts like it is on permanant scroll lock, because when I slide my fingers around, all it does is move the highlights up and down. I had already tried using Windows repair all in one, and it had fixed the touchpad briefly, but after putting my laptop to sleep, it is back to the way it was. Prior to that, I had created a second user account to see if it were a hardware, or other issue, and my touchpad works normally in the other user. It also works normally in the login screen. Here is a link to the history.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493560/zeroaccess-recovery-phase-iii-we-must-kill-it-before-it-replicates/page-2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,679 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

I suggest you uninstall the driver and then reinstall it again. Its possible there was registry corruption in that profile.

#3 Emankcin

Emankcin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

Alright. Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver. So far, so good. Hopefully you guys won't here from me anymore for a while! Thanks.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,679 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

Great! Good luck.

#5 Emankcin

Emankcin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

Dammit! I am at a loss as to what is going on here! After uninstalling the driver, touchpad works! Reinstalling the driver, still works, but does not show up on taskbar. Finally after a restart and windows update, it's doing it again! Might just uninstall driver altogether... Bleeping computer!

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,679 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

Sorry to hear your having issues. At a loss on this one. I assume you are using the latest version, but to be safe have you checked for an updated version?

If you are using the latest version, you may want to change the compatibility mode on the executable to windows 7 and see if that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users