Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with new build

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rouffis

Rouffis

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:01 AM

I'm building my first PC and I'm running into an issuw with no video output to the monitor. I know the monitor is good - I just unplugged it from my old PC.

I have a ASRock FM2A55M-DGS motherboard and a Corsair CX430M power supply. I do not have anything connected to the ATX 12V power connector (4-pin ATX12V1). The manual says to connect an ATX 12V power supply to this connector, but when searching the ASRock website it seemed to indicate that all that power that is needed is supplied from the ATX Power Connector (24-pin ATXPWR1).

There were no connectors that came with the power supply that would connect to the ATX 12V power connector.

So, my question is... do I need to get some connector for the ATX 12V power connector to make the video work? If not, what else could be causing this?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

Does the computer stay on when power it up?

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 Rouffis

Rouffis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:39 AM

I have to hit the reset button th start the PC, and it seems to stay on as the fan in the case, power supply and processor are running. The lights on the front of the PC are on as well.

Thanks!

#4 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

check and make sure that the processor is seated correctly, when I set my computer up for the first time the heat sync on the CPU was heavy enough that it popped the CPU out of its socket because it wasnt clipped right, and I had this exact same issue, reseating and reclipping fixed everything

#5 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

I think you need that 4 pin ATX connector hooked up.  Your PSU has one.  Ck for an 8 pin connector on the PSU that splits into 2 4 pins.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#6 Rouffis

Rouffis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

Thanks for all of the suggestions. It turns out that I needed the 4 pin ATX connector just like dpunisher suggested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users