Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Constant BSOD, help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tenkei

Tenkei

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:27 AM

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. I have recently come across a strange problem I have yet to encounter in the past. While I'm watching a movie or playing a game, I keep getting BSODs. The problem is, every time I get a BSOD, the stop error is different every time. The ones I've managed to write down are as follows: 00FC, 001E, 00D1, 007F, 000A, 003B, 0050. I have no clue where to even begin, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:48 AM

Hi

Getting different error code in each BSOD is a strong indication of possible memory corruption. Do you have more than one stick in your system ?. If yes, plug only one module at a time. This will isolate the faulty module and we can confirm whether the issue is RAM related.

If you still get BSOD even after swapping memories, please post a snapshot using Speccy by reading instructions in the below link.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

Also upload the dump files located in "C:\Windows\minidump" folder to a any free file hosting site like "Mediafire". Post the download link to the dumps in next reply.

#3 Tenkei

Tenkei
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

Thank you for such a prompt reply. I always thought it had something to do with my Windows, and a clean install would fix it.  I do have more than one stick of RAM. I will try to use one and see if that fixes the problem. Will get back to you if the problem persists. Thanks :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users