Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Drive 'c' and 'd', not opned in my computer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 myaqub72

myaqub72

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:31 AM

i use malwarebyte to get my laptop clean from malware activity. lot of infected files captured and removed. after this system become not responding in many application i.e. MS office, opera, and also 'c' and 'd' drive not opening in my computer. i format the system and reinstall windows X professional SP2. however, problem still presists with 'c' and 'd' drive not opening with messge 'chose the programe you want to open this file with' please help me to fix this problem.

Edited by hamluis, 15 May 2013 - 06:10 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:31 AM

Hi

This happens because some malwares creates a file "autorun.inf" in the root of every drive to execute the malware exe every time a user double click to open it. Now the malware is gone but the inf file is still there. "Autorun.inf" itself is not malicious. Removing that file from root of every drive will solve the problem. Follow my instructions.

A ) Show hidden and protected files.

1. Click Start, and then click My Computer.
  2. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
  3. On the View tab, click Show hidden files and folders.
  4. Clear the Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) check box. Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the change.
  5. Click OK.

B ) Now open "My Computer" in explorer mode. To do this either right click on the "My Computer" icon and choose "Explore" or press the short key combination "Windows key+E ". You can also open Windows explorer via "Start-->Programs-->Accessories-->Windows Explorer".

C ) Now open the volumes from the left side pane of the explorer window. (don't use the regular double click opening)

Delete the file "Autorun.inf" from the root of every drive and restart the system.

Make sure to install a good antivirus and do a full scan. If you can't remove the virus by using regular antivirus programs, post a malware removal help request in the "Malware" section of this forum.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 15 May 2013 - 04:33 AM.

#3 myaqub72

myaqub72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:13 AM

@ Dear Anshad, not through ................

#4 myaqub72

myaqub72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:18 AM

I am using Dell Latitude D620, After reinstalling window XP SP2, i did'nt find working my wifi driver. anybody can tel me the way i can make it again working. thanks

#5 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:33 AM

Hi

Here is the driver download page of your model. You can find WLAN driver under "network" category.

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/Product/latitude-d620

You will see more than one driver in there. It could be anyone of them. So download and try one by one.

Did you able to solve the issue....

#6 myaqub72

myaqub72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:43 AM

Dear Anshad, many thanks, i relosve the dive issue with your help finely, many thanks again. let me dowload the driver for wifi.

#7 myaqub72

myaqub72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:05 AM

thanks for all help via this forum and especially thanks to Mr. Anshad. one more help for my system D620 Dell. 

"when i go to shutdown my system, messege box contacin three opetions 1-stand by, 2-shutdown, 3-restart. in my system option 1 stand by option is disable. is this okay or this is due to some problem in system"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users