Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very long drawn out worries on my now bare computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 myles1

myles1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:42 AM

It started with some fears of someone on my computer and maybe spyware in my apt.  I went the over the edge route and deleted all my pics, documents, photos.  I had no idea what i was/am doing.  I was going in circles trying to locate worrisome files as i did not know how to properly search.  I had some .avi files that gave me particular concern as i didn't know where they came from.  This was followed by successive restores to the point my computer doesn't know whether i'm coming or going.  I can no longer find any of the worrisome concerns and it was my feeling that someone deleted everything i was finding that was concerning.  I wasn't well enough when there was still something i thought as identifiable to have a computer technician look at it.  I had the internet provider do a remote clean up but having restored successively probably restored all the 4? virus' he found.  I really wanted to get to the bottom of my worry one way or another.  Today i can barely locate the .avi files and some are emptied of bytes.  It was all very depressing, had i a computer friend i mighta made some headway.  As it is i'm left with a pretty much emptied computer and the resolve not to go the route of storing stuff, but still want my security.

Edited by hamluis, 15 May 2013 - 11:28 AM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:55 AM

Hi myles1 :)

Are you concern of restoring or deleting files in your computer out of infection? Please post the operating system being used (Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 or 8)? Are you the only user from this computer and is it password protected?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users