Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clean install of Windows 7 and now Ethernet Controler can't start!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nod32 User

Nod32 User

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

I did a clean install of windows 7 on my PC and when I finished and booted it up I had no net checked my drivers and it said that there was no driver so I went onto my other computer and after an hour of searching I found the driver installed it and now it just says that it can't start! Please help me!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

What computer brand/model is it? ? Did you install the chipset driver first before the other drivers? Using a working computer and a flash drive to copy and transfer -

Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Tekken

#3 Nod32 User

Nod32 User
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

I cant publish it I have no net.. I'm on a different computer.

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

Hi

Please post the full model number of your motherboard. If you are not sure about the model number post the HWID of the LAN adapter. Follow the instructions below to find the hardware id of your LAN adapter.

1 ) click start and on the search box type DEVMGMT.MSC

17graphic.jpg

2 ) Open the device manager. Now you will see either "Ethernet controller" or "network controller" in yellow question mark.Right click on it and select properties. Below picture illustrates finding HWID of audio device.

hardwareID_1.jpg

3 ) hardwareID_2.jpg

4 ) Select Hardware ID by expanding the Device description Drop down menu.

hardwareID_3.jpg

5 ) Then here you found your hardware ID which circle in red as shown in pic below. (The ID below is for my Desktop, REALTEK Audio so it difference with your ID).

hardwareID_4.jpg

6 Right click and select COPY (you can alsopress CTRL + C to copy it.) 

Follow the above example and post the HWID of "network controller" and also specify the edition of Windows 7 you installed (32 or 64 bit ).

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:11 AM

Using a working computer and a flash drive to copy and transfer -

Download and copy back and from another working computer so you could follow the steps under speccy.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users