Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP deskjet d2430 page count

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ekoroski

Ekoroski

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

Hello, 

I hope this is in the right spot and if not please just let me know where I should post this.

I work in a school and have a user who constantly claims he only gets "10" prints per color ink cartridge on his HP deskjet d2430 in an effort to get it replaced. (he also has a laser printer but wanted to print in color too). Basically what I need to know is if there is a way I can check the page counter for the printer or if there is software or something I can install that will tell me how many pages the printer has printed so I can track his usage better. 

Thank you, 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

I'm not aware of any page counter capabilities or software but if there is that's good but what is being printed needs to be put into perspective especially if he's getting only about "10" prints per color ink cartridge.

Since this is for a school I can see many possibilities

It would be good if we knew what "10" prints per color ink cartridge means

--- If he is using HP 58 Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge, HP records it can handle approximately 140 photos

------ Depending on what's being printed (size, amount of solid colors, banners), I can certainly see that estimated amount dropping to to 70 photos easily enough

--- If he is using Tri-Color Inkjet Print Cartridge, the estimated usage is for approximately 165 pages

What needs to be determined is what is being printed: have you seen what is typically being printed?

--- At the office I volunteer at some people had been using up their color cartridges similarly to your input

--- However, when I saw how some prints included solid color backgrounds on a full sheet of paper it was easy to see why that was happening

--- I also saw many heavy duty powerpoints being printed

--- In summary, I suspect a school would have more usage than what I saw

Also depending on what kind of quality color printing is required, normal print v best print setting makes a difference

--- You could set up your own test for what is typically printed

--- The next time a new cartridge is installed, count enough paper or photo paper for "10-20 prints" and check the results

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users