Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black screen freeze

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vlaxd

vlaxd

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

Hello,

I have an Asus K53SC laptop, running Windows 7 Ultimate. My issue is that my laptop freezes, followed by a total black out (the laptop is still running, but I can't do anything, even the cursor disappears, and if I have a sound on background it repeats the last 2 syllables forever). Sometimes it occurs without a freeze, just my monitor turning black, and other times I get a blue screen. What I've seen during my troubleshooting tries is that whenever I don't get the blue screen (when only the monitor turns black), the event is not recognised as a crash.
This occurs when I browse the internet, most of the times when I watch a video, having pictures loading in the background, gifs, it even occurs when I'm watching movies (or playing games, it occurs while playing) and alt+tab it. Another thing I observed is that it occurs more often when running on High Performance/Entertaining Mode, while when on Battery Saving it only occured while watching movies or playing games.
I have tried to reproduce the problem in Safe Mode, but for some reason it never occured.
Initially, it was only occuring when I was alt+tabbing games, now it expanded to all other situations I previously mentioned.
The only thing I can do afterwards is to force restart the laptop (power button).

My spec:

Processor: Intel® Core ™ i7-2670 QM CPU @ 2.20 GHz (8 CPUs)
RAM: 4 GB
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 (I also have a Nvidia Geforce GT 520MX 1GB, but I never find it mentioned in my specs)

I hope someone can help me, any ideas are welcome, I'm desperate.
I suspect a GPU problem, but meh, what do I know.
I hope I posted in the right section.

Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

Hi vlaxd :welcome: to BC.

There seems to be a thermal or heating issue when running multiple programs. Can you post any bluescreen error or messages next time?

Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users