Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disadvantage and Advantage

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gelai1219

gelai1219

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

What is the advantages of windows 8 compared in windows 7? and what is windows 8 disadvantages?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

Advantages:
  • Faster boot
  • More Secure
  • More diagnostics tools and repair solutions.
  • Pretty much the same speed using 8 as 7.
Disadvantages:
  • Drivers are not as mature, so in many cases you need to use drivers written for Windows 7. This is fine in some cases and not in others.
  • Start screen
  • Lack of start menu
  • Can't use F8 key to get into Safe mode, but its possible to enable that.
  • Lots of random problems pop up, mostly related to the start screen.

#3 kryten50

kryten50

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

Disadvantage- No Windows DVD Maker.

#4 pollyjohan

pollyjohan

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:42 AM

Advantages:

1. Speedy Boot Time

The load and boot up speed has improved considerably over Windows’ predecessors. This is moderately due to the enhanced resource allocations to applications and the system. When compared to Windows 7 desktop CPU, Windows 8 has an even speedier boot time.

2. Innovative & Energetic Desktop

The tiles-based interface, or the Metro UI, will be the first thing you see upon logging in to Windows 8. At first glimpse, the UI seems to go by instinct with touchscreen devices like tablets and smartphones. Certainly, in such devices, you tap on those apps to open them. The grid layout seems to ease such interactions. Unneeded to say, you can customize your grid by adding and arranging applications.

3. Enhanced Search Function

8 have no search box at the base of the Start menu. Heck, it doesn’t even have the trademark Start menu! That doesn’t signify that there’s no convenient search function available. All you need to do is to type anything, and a search box will appear from the right and give you the results. The search potential is even stronger this time, displaying all the matching apps and files immediately.

4. Windows to Go

Of the entire list here, this is one feature that offers the most handiness to users. Windows to go allows users to make a copy of their OS whole with their settings, wallpapers, files and even apps, into a USB thumb drive. Plugged it into another computer with Windows 8 already installed, and you can boot up the PC and make it look accurately alike the OS you normally use, with all settings intact.

5. Windows Live Syncing

Similar to Windows to Go, the new Windows 8 will supply Windows Live syncing, such that users can login on any Windows 8 PC with Live ID’ and get back their own personalized settings on it. The desktop will look the same every time the user login on a PC with their Windows Live account. Migrating to a new PC is most likely made easier when the user has all the important settings synced.

<a href="http://www.electrocomputerwarehouse.com>used computers</a>

#5 pollyjohan

pollyjohan

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:45 AM

Disadvantages:

·   The chief disadvantage is lies in the working, the system is reboot several times (especially for 30 min) only for developer and consumer sample not for pro.

·    No antivirus for the windows 8(consumer and developer preview) only windows firewall and internet security (but available for win 8 pro).

·      Apps works only in the full monitor by occupying the full face of the monitor.

·      No side apps can be scamper will we are using the apps.

·    And my proposal is to run the windows 8 consumer appetizer in another (dual boot),because it has many problem in it and if the windows 8 release stick to it, until you should be strike in windows 7 or windows xp.

a href="http://www.electrocomputerwarehouse.com>refurbished computers</a>

#6 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 957 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

Disadvantages:

• Lack of start menu
  • Can't use F8 key to get into Safe mode, but its possible to enable that.

I noticed that, how you to enable Safe Mode?

I installed StartIsBack it works great.

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

#7 Judith1314

Judith1314

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:57 PM

Oh, thanks for all of you. Recently, I'm considering that whether I should install Windows 8 operating system on my laptop, which already installed Windows 7 operating system. Or, I just upgrad Windows 7 to Windows 8 os. Having all your anwers, I know how to do it.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users