Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD kernel security check error?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gary4917

Gary4917

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:44 AM

Hi there, 2 days ago I bought a new laptop, switched it on today and got a BSOD with "Kernel_Security_Check_Error"

I haven't installed any drivers or anything, all I have from my old pc is a wired mouse that I am now using with this. Windows had the option to "repair" so it restarted and things seem ok with no repeat of BSOD, any ideas what caused the BSOD? my internet connection keeps dropping today too? have I been hacked?

My specs are>>

Acer E1-571

Intel Core i5

4GB Ram

Windows 8

Online Armor Firewall

Avira Antivirus

Thanks...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

Hi

Blue screens are happens when Windows kernel crashes. One single blue screen is nothing to worry about. If the same BSOD appears again we need to examine the root cause of the issue. So if the issue happens again, upload the crash dump files and the Speccy snapshot here.

Follow the below instruction to make sure Windows writes crash dumps if the issue happens again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/174459-dump-files-configure-windows-create-bsod.html

#3 Gary4917

Gary4917
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

Hi thanks for reply, it seems to be ok now, I haven't had any more BSOD's since my post and I have restarted and shutdown the computer about 5-7 times since that time, so do you think everything is ok now? nothing seems sluggish or anything.

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

Hi

If everything works OK, you don't have to worry.  It could be a temporary driver clash which caused the issue. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users