Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Seemingly random FPS drops

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sadakuno

sadakuno

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

I have somewhat of a strange problem. Haven’t encountered anyone else with this and haven’t found any help. Every now and again my computer will just run terribly slow. I’m on an alienware m18x (don’t get all preachy about alienwares, i got a good deal). Nvidia 460m (1.5gb each) with dual SLI config, 16gb ram, and an i7 2820QM at 2.3ghz. I’ve had zero trouble running this game at a smooth 60fps on max settings for a while. Hell, I’ve had the same quality with just about every game.

Recently though, every game I play will run at 15-25 fps at best. Changing graphical settings in game doesn’t change my fps at all either. This might go on for a day or a week, then it will work fine for another day or week. I’ve been using Razer game booster to try and help, but to no avail. I did, however, save a log from the diagnosis tool it has (which I have attached as spoilers).

I’ve done all the standard “obvious” things. Updated/reinstalled my drivers. Checked for overheating, made sure nothing was eating up a ton of CPU etc. Lastly, it sometimes fixes simply by putting my comp to sleep or restarting. Other times putting it to sleep causes the FPS problem to begin. Not sure if that helps, but just some added info. Perhaps someone has some insight? It’s driving me crazy.

Spoiler

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users