Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Spamming unable to find any malware.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lucidious

lucidious

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

Hey guys!

My boss is really into political mumbo jumbo and gets solicited with tons of unwanted emails everyday.  Over the past few months he's been blacklisted by our ISP and his third party email carrier for spamming.

I've ran several scans on his PC but I've yet to find anything malacious.  One thing I have noticed is that something keeps killing his Microsoft Security Essentials (I'm sure this is associated with the spamming.)

System:

Windows XP SP 3 (Fully Updated - I believe.)

Things I have tried:

Hitman Pro (Nothing Detected other than cookies.)

Malware Bytes Quick Scan (Nothing detected.)

ADWCleaner (Did find a few registry entires but nothing seemed out of the ordinary.)

I've changed the email password on both of his account multiple times but after a few  days he's spamming again!

I'm afraid to use ComboFix on his system as he runs several progams that might be dismantled by ComboFix such as GotoMeeting and our software which is called District Manager which transmits information through the web.  I've been really hesitant on running it because of problems that I have encoutered in the past.

I'm at a total loss here and am seeking any help.

*edit * now that i've looked at the forums a little deeper I see that I've posted this in the wrong category! Sorry!

Edit: Moved from XP forum to a more appropriate forum

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 13 May 2013 - 02:19 PM.
Moved from XP Forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users