Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Network Adapter Code 10 Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 altair05

altair05

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:37 AM

This may belong in many different sub sections but I think this is the best forum for this particular problem. 

I have a Acer Aspire One running a Windows 7 (32 bit) OS. Just recently my internet connection was severed (wireless). So I tried to figure out what was wrong. I troubleshooted the problem and found that my wireless network card was showing a Code 10 error. Apparently, google shows that it is a generic code error and can be anything from a driver error to faulty hardware. I was hoping you guys can help me remedy this problem.

Device Manager shows my network card as the following - (Broadcom 802.11 Multiband Newtork Adapter and driver version 5.30.21.0---which Windows says is the most up-to date version on their servers).

I'm sending this using an Ethernet cord. By the way, when I go to  Network Connections via the Control Panel, I only see an option for Local Area Connection. My wireless connection doesn't even show up.

Hope someone can help. Let me know what else you guys need.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:36 AM

Look for the wireless switch on the front of the netbook make sure its turned on.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users