Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LOADS of Malware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 fixhelp

fixhelp

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:31 AM

Hi,

Avira keeps beeping to notify that it has found an unwanted program or virus as soon as i start my laptop. It alerts me after that as well. I cant run scans in normal mode but when i ran scans using avira in safe mode nothing was found. I went into avira and checked what it was alerting me about and it had the following. I cant download anything either in normal or safe modes. Pls help.

TR/kazy.173253

TR/SIREFEF.AG.9

TR/CRYPT.XPACK.Gen

tr/atraps.gn2

TR/SIREFEF.AL.50

Please note that i cant download anything from safe or normal mode.

I have hijackthis. OTL and malwarebytes installed on my computer but am not able to download anthing else

Edited by fixhelp, 13 May 2013 - 12:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,793 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:53 AM

Hello fixhelp and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

My name is Satchfan and I would be glad to help you with your computer problem.

Please read the following guidelines which will help to make cleaning your machine easier:

• please follow all instructions in the order posted
  • please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear
  • all logs/reports, etc. must be posted in Notepad. Please ensure that word wrap is unchecked. In Notepad click Format, uncheck Word wrap if it is checked
  • if you don't understand something, please don't hesitate to ask for clarification before proceeding
  • the fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
  • please reply within 3 days. If you do not reply within this period I will post a reminder but topics with no reply in 4 days will be closed!

IMPORTANT:

Please DO NOT install/uninstall any programs unless asked to.
Please DO NOT run any scans other than those requested

===================================================

Run RogueKiller

IMPORTANT: Please remove any usb or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!

Close all running programs.

Download one of these to your desktop:

for a 32-bt system download this version.
for 64-bit use this one

• close all running programs
  • for Windows Vista/Seven, right click -> run as administrator, for XP simply double-click on RogueKiller.exe
  • when the pre-scan is finished, click on Scan
  • click on Report and copy/paste the content in your next post
  • NOTE: DO NOT attempt to remove anything that the scan detects –everything that is reported is not necessarily bad

If the program is blocked, continue to try it several times. If it still doesn’t work, (it could happen), rename it to winlogon.exe.

Please post the contents of the RKreport.txt in your next reply.

Satchfan

My help is always free of charge. If you are happy with the help provided, if you wish you can make a donation to buy me a beer.

#3 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,793 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:56 AM

Hi fixhelp

It has been several days since I replied to your request for help with your computer problems.

Please let me know if you are having problems and still need help.

Thanks

Satchfan

My help is always free of charge. If you are happy with the help provided, if you wish you can make a donation to buy me a beer.

#4 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,793 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:27 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users