Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can Acer Window 7 OS be used on a Desk Top ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

Sometime in the past I happen to download a a windows 7 from on line to be installed on an acer,

I still have it an have a need to start up a Desk Top, . .  Can it be done ?

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,705 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

The only way to know if it's physically possible would be to try. If it's a recovery disc, then it's likely to only work with the system it is intended to go onto. It will expect to find the Acer laptop hardware, and if it doesn't, may refuse to install, or install the drivers etc for the Acer, and Windows may not be able to boot.

As far as being a legitimate Windows installation goes, since it's specifically for an Acer, it will almost certainly be an OEM version of Windows, which means it is only licensed for the original system it's intended for, and can only legitimately be used on that system.

With that said, if the system you're loading it onto has a COA certificate showing a matching license, and it loaded onto the system and worked OK, then in practice as far as licensing goes it's a moot point where the installation actually came from...

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

Thanks, . . I think I'll forget this one, . .

Appreciate your time and efforts

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users