Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SP2 To Enhance a Incomplete SP3 OS ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

I had an emergency and had to start up an antique DELL and loaded it with what I had, and I had to use a repair choice of a disc and believe that it is incomplete because I was missing paint, which I re-installed from off line, but I am missing word pad and maybe some other stuff, . . .

Will an MS XP service pack 2 help me with missing software ?

Edited by Jove, 12 May 2013 - 06:31 PM.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:40 AM

Hi

Which edition of Windows is installed in the Dell system (OEM or Retail ) ?. If you have a licence for the retail version of XP professional, i recommend to obtain a XP SP3 disc and use that disc to install. You can use the retail CD key  to activate it. If the DELL came with an OEM XP, you should use the recovery disc provided by Dell.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 13 May 2013 - 06:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users