Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A question about security.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Re.Martino

Re.Martino

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:08 AM

I have a problem of spyware. I found spyware with name InnovaSpy at Innovaspy.com. It can steal data such as calls logs, photo, SMS, GPS, Contact ... and it sent to the computer. I want to know that can it be installed on the computer? if it is installed on the computer, can it steal the data on the computer? Sorry for the stupid question because I do not know much about spyware.
And spyware is a virus, is not it? i can destroy it in any way?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:23 AM

Hello -

I am aware of this "program", and that is "Spyware", but it can be used legally by some people.

Can you please tell me if your computer, Ipad, or your phone is infected ?

Or are you just seeking further information about this infection / program ?

Thank You -

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

From Innovaspy:

InnovaSpy is an undetectable spying app allows you remote access to the information on Android phone or tablet from any web browser. GPS tracking, Call recording, SMS tracking and more with our Android spy app. Find the truth about your employees or family members. Designed to provide parents the tools they need in order to extend their parenting into the mobile world today's kids & teens are immersed in. InnovaSPY is a cell phone tracking and monitoring software for iPhone and Android smartphones and tablets. Once installed on the device you will be able to monitor and record all calls made and received, real time GPS location of the mobile phone, track and record text messages (SMS), have access to the entire contacts list and media files stored on the cell phone and much more. The InnovaSPY application satisfies all needs for monitoring, tracking, protecting and backing up the data of any smartphone.

Publisher's Description provided by CNET

As noknojon advises, these types of program can have legitimate uses in contexts where an authorized user, business IT tech or administrator has knowingly installed them. Even a parent may use them to monitor their children's activities as this particular program is intended for.

However, many monitoring programs are often detected by anti-virus and anti-malware software as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) due to their potential for being misused by others.

I do not know much about spyware. And spyware is a virus, is not it?

You may want to read Glossary of Malware Related Terms so you can familiarize yourself about such terms.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users