Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Garrett

Garrett

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:07 PM

Hello my computer has been doing weird things with my display and I need some help. First off when i play this one game called knights online whenever I leave the computer on and the screen shuts off. When i come back and move the mouse to turn on the monitor my screen is all black. Also when I hit alt tab to see the programs that i'm running I get this thing called 3D Text and I don't know what that is.

But anyway when I quit knights online I get an error message that says that I need to Restart to get my Display back to the way it was. (By now my monitor looks all distorted and the color is screwed up.) So I restart hoping it will work and it does until I log into my name. Once I'm logged in it goes all funny again. So I went into Control Panel and I changed the color and resolution back to what it was. Then today (April 10,2006) I get this error message that says that Something in my display is messed up and I need to restart. So I restarted ran 3 of my virus/spyware programs and they are Ad-Aware,Ez-Trust anti-virus and Pest Patrol. I had a few problems and I fixed them but still the problem is there. What do I do?????????????

Mod Edit: Removed BBCode in order to make text more legible

Edited by Scarlett, 21 April 2006 - 09:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RichieP

RichieP

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:29 PM

I think part of the reason you got no reply is the difficulty reading your post. Keep it to standard colours.

Have you tried updating your graphic card drivers?

#3 Garrett

Garrett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:32 PM

I think part of the reason you got no reply is the difficulty reading your post. Keep it to standard colours.

Have you tried updating your graphic card drivers?

Sorry bout the color but no i don't know how to update them. But, do you have to take apart the computer?

#4 Garrett

Garrett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:34 PM

Hello my computer has been doing weird things with my display and I need some help. First off when i play this one game called knights online whenever I leave the computer on and the screen shuts off. When i come back and move the mouse to turn on the monitor my screen is all black. Also when I hit alt tab to see the programs that i'm running I get this thing called 3D Text and I don't know what that is. But anyway when I quit knights online I get an error message that says that I need to Restart to get my Display back to the way it was. (By now my monitor looks all distorted and the color is screwed up.) So I restart hoping it will work and it does until I log into my name. Once I'm logged in it goes all funny again. So I went into Control Panel and I changed the color and resolution back to what it was. Then today (April 10,2006) I get this error message that says that Something in my display is messed up and I need to restart. So I restarted ran 3 of my virus/spyware programs and they are Ad-Aware,Ez-Trust anti-virus and Pest Patrol. I had a few problems and I fixed them but still the problem is there. What do I do?????????????

Sorry to double post but i fixed the colors and im sorry about that

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 12 April 2006 - 05:55 PM

The first thing I would suggest is to uninstall everything connected to the game you may have downloaded and installed and then reboot your computer.

What exactly did you "fix" and what did you use to do it? Please be specific.

If you can please give us exactly what the error message said - it will help in determining what is wrong.

Set your video display to 16 bit and see if that helps for now.

#6 Garrett

Garrett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2006 - 05:38 AM

Okay sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Here are the answers to some of your questions. No, the 16 bit color thing didn't work. Next the error message is..... "The ialmrnt5 display driver has stopped working noeammally.Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionallity. The next time you reboot the system a diolage will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to Microsoft."
That's the error message. Now the program that i used to "fix" the viruses is Ad-Aware SE Personal. Those are all the questions you asked me and I'm sorry it took so long for me to get back to you.

#7 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2006 - 06:19 AM

Hello, Thank you for no red it helps my eyes tremendously.

I think the answer to your query is you have the screen saver turned on and power Options also turned on and you might have hybernate turned on etc.

Too many things turned on that shut off the screen so when you try to reactivate the screen the computer is so confused it screws up your screen and video settings.

Try this after you reboot the system

Go to Control Panel and CLICK = Power Options

you will see Turn Off Monitor, Turn off Hard Disks and system Stand-by

to the right of each of these you will see a drop down arrow, one at a time CLICK the drop down arrow and select NEVER

When this is done CLICK Apply at the lower right

Next at the top of the Power Options Properties box CLICK Hybernate and Disable Hybernation

CLICK = OK at bottom of screen and exit out and reboot Windows.

Now go run your program it should be ok

#8 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 17 April 2006 - 07:14 AM

Did you update your video drivers as RichieP recommended? That should be your first step fro here out. Here is the link..
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df...?ProductID=1764

By the way Intel has reported a secruity risk with this chipset. It may or may not be related..

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/inte...b/CS-016497.htm
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#9 Garrett

Garrett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:50 PM

Okay ill try those things and ill get back to yall. Thanks again for all your help :thumbsup:.

#10 Garrett

Garrett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2006 - 06:01 PM

Okay it's still not working here's the message it keeps putting up

"The ialmrnt5 display driver has stopped working normally.Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionallity. The next time you reboot the system a diolage will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to Microsoft."

i don't know what it is but i tried to update the graphics card and i couldn't it said that the File may be incompelete or crupt.

Edited by Garrett, 18 April 2006 - 06:01 PM.

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2006 - 08:28 PM

Are you getting a Blue screen error? As this fix seems similar to your problem.

http://developer.intel.com/support/graphic...b/CS-016497.htm
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#12 Garrett

Garrett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:07 PM

Are you getting a Blue screen error? As this fix seems similar to your problem.

http://developer.intel.com/support/graphic...b/CS-016497.htm

It's not a blue screen error but that sims thing is my problem and I've tried to download it and install and it says some files may be missing or crupt.

#13 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:18 PM

Try getting your driver at this link:

http://www.dynamiclink.nl/htmfiles/rframes...l/info_i/62.htm

#14 Garrett

Garrett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:27 PM

It costs money and I really can't afford that.

#15 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:35 PM

You cannot download the driver from Acklan's link in post #8?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users