Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Super tweaked XP Pro SP3

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Pajajn

Pajajn

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

Is there anything more i could do with this? 
http://s24.postimg.org/xaj66938l/tweaked.png

14 processes @ startup and 127MB ram usage at cold bootup 

Thanks everyone 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

Do you chop up the startup items due to boot time or because of system resources usage?

Tekken

#3 Pajajn

Pajajn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

I don't know how i schould answer your question jhayz but i preferr both being as low as possible somehow  :bounce:. If a system once worked fine with low usage why dont keep it that way instead of increase year by year

Every upgrade on Firefox makes its ram usage even more. Every update on almost everything makes the ram usage more practically but in theory its supposed to get lowered

I like the thought of tweaking things to minimum values just to test the difference and hopefully decreased boot time with some milliseconds aswell since im not on a SSD disk 

Edited by Pajajn, 12 May 2013 - 01:25 PM.

#4 AdagioBoognish

AdagioBoognish

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

I love how nice and tidy that process list looks. Do you notice a difference in boot time?

#5 Pajajn

Pajajn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

I love how nice and tidy that process list looks. Do you notice a difference in boot time?

Worth making a note for is that im using wireless network and that the list could be even more "tweaked" down. On boot time from coldboot and restart i noticed improovements since my friends always come up with 
"oh already back?" 

I dont have any exakt numbers or tests though but i rather go with personal feel when i do things like this  :bubbles:and its much faster than before by, alot

#6 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:46 PM

Is there anything more i could do with this? 
http://s24.postimg.org/xaj66938l/tweaked.png

14 processes @ startup and 127MB ram usage at cold bootup 

Thanks everyone 

Sorry but that looks like a Safe Mode Task Manager nothing else is running not even a virus checker. I can get that in Safe Mode in normal mode I have 34 processes running.

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

#7 Pajajn

Pajajn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

Sorry but that looks like a Safe Mode Task Manager nothing else is running not even a virus checker. I can get that in Safe Mode in normal mode I have 34 processes running.

Picture is snapped in normal boot mode not safe mode sir. Nvidia drivers working just fine and audio drivers etc gaming everyday without problems actually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users