Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD 0x00000F4 even in Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jmit2b3

jmit2b3

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

I'm going to explain a little history of my problem. I had my fan replaced in my Toshiba L505 laptop by a tech store because it was making a grinding noise. Once I got my computer back it did nothing but go to a BSOD after everything I did. It would blue screen after downloading files off the internet, opening Google Chrome on certain occasions, while installing updates and etc. I took the computer back to the store and told them about my problem hoping they could fix it. They told me all of my hardware was fine and I should just do a system recovery. So I returned home, backed up all of my necessary files and loaded my 3 recovery disks. After sysprep ran the computer crashed and went to a BSOD. I did another recovery and everything was fine till I tried to run windows update and it just crashed to a BSOD. I honestly am absolutely clueless even after hours research. 

I was able to run Windows Memory check and a HDD error check and no errors were found. I even did a clean boot and it does a BSOD even faster than before. The only information I was able to get was this error message from the BSOD.

0x000000f4 0x000000000003, 0xfffffa80054c2b30, 0xfffffa80054ce10, 0xFFFFF80002de0240

If anyone can shine some light on my problem I would greatly appreciate it. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:30 AM

Hi

The error you are receiving is CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION and it could be anything in the system which causes this. Here is the Microsoft's technical explanation about this error.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff560372(VS.85).aspx

As you are receiving this error even after a full system recovery, clearly it is a hardware issue. First you should check if the replaced FAN working correctly. Check the air flow from vents to verify it is not hotter than normal. Overheating can be happen if they didn't applied the thermal paste properly when replacing the fan.

To check the RAM, best way is to swap the RAM with a known good one. Even though  there are some tools like "Memtest" exists, they may not detect all faults of a RAM. If you have more than one RAM stick, try plugging only one stick at a time.

To test HDD, i suggest running a "Long Test" with Seatools. Download and burn the ISO from the below link and run the full surface test with it.

http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/item/seatools-dos-master/

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

I just had the same thing this morning on one of my computers. After some searching discovered a couple swollen capacitors on the motherboard. Dead.

the cpu was choked with industrial muck and dust, and the fans were dying also... which is what lead to this problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users