Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows keep toggling in and out of fullscreen mode

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RuiPinto

RuiPinto

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:23 AM

I have an issue with my computer that I really don't know how to solve (if there is a solution). I have a Packard-Bell EasyNote SJ51, which had Windows Vista for a long time. Tired of Windows Vista, I installed Windows 7 about 2 months ago. I was browsing through my facebook, when suddenly the browser started toggling in and out of fullscreen mode really fast, so I couldn't really read anything. I didn't know what was going on, so I restarted my computer. When it turned on, it appears some windows boot files were missing and I never managed to start windows again. As I thought it was some kind of virus, I formatted my hard drive and installed Windows 7 again, but the problem persisted. Then I installed Windows XP and eventually returned to Windows Vista, but still the problem persists, whenever I open a window it keeps toggling in and out of fullscreen mode. I really don't know what's going on and whether this is a hardware problem or not. I really wish you could help me with this one.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:39 PM

Hi and :welcome: to BC RuiPinto :)

Please try checking the problem in Safemode with Networking if the problem persist. Press F8 at early bootup or splash screen then choose safemode with networking. Is the problem happening only on browsers or even in Windows explorer ?

Tekken

#3 RuiPinto

RuiPinto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

Hi jhayz,

I already tried safe mode and the problem persists. It happens whenever I open a folder or any browser, the only way the computer works is when I'm on the desktop or when I open a program. When I open a folder or browser, at first it seems ok but then it starts toggling in and out of fullscreen really fast that I can't do anything, then it stops for a few seconds and there it goes again. I've never seen anything like this, that's why I posted this so anyone can enlighten me as to what is going on. Thanks for your reply. By the way, nice avatar :)

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

Do you use a mouse while using the laptop? If yes, try removing the device and see if it work flawlessly. If not, see this link on a probable similar function for your laptop and try disabling it or check the manual. It's either a function key, stuck keys (F11, Fn) which means its a hardware issue.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users