Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ukash virus help please

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Yorkshirehamp

Yorkshirehamp

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:16 AM

Hi guys

So im browsing the web and then a police message from Cheshire police authority has popped up.

It says my computer has been locked by Cheshire police because of one of the following downloading illegal music etc a whole list of them and the fines I will have to pay and I have to pay £100 to get rid of it ?!!

I googled and found out its a virus

I cant get onto safe mode or safe mode with networking because it pops up on there too

And worst of all i cant system restore as it says there is no restore points

I really am at a loss of what to so unless i find and deleate the files but i dont know what to look for as i know very little about computers

Please help somone thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

Hello Yorkshirehamp, and welcome to Bleeping Computer!

My name is bloopie and I'll be helping you with your problems as best I can! :thumbup2:

A few things to keep in mind while we are working together:
  • If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, I would appreciate it if you let me know.
  • If you are unsure about any of the steps just post what you can and I will guide you!
  • Please tell me if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.
  • Please copy and paste all logs here unless otherwise instructed!
  • Upon completing the steps below I will review your topic an do my best to resolve your issues.
==========

Now could you please just let me know what Operating System you are running (XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8), and weather it's 32 or 64bit?

Also, please let me know if you are able to boot into safemode with command prompt.

That will help decide our next steps to take to clean your machine.

Thanks,

bloopie

Edited by bloopie, 13 May 2013 - 01:49 PM.

#3 Yorkshirehamp

Yorkshirehamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

i would like to apoloise for not getting back to you but i have managed to fix it on my own :bananas:

thanks for offering your help though :D

#4 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

My pleasure, and glad to hear you got it sorted out! :thumbup2:

Thanks for letting me know!

Best regards,

bloopie

#5 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users