Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Headphones don't work

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lillielle

Lillielle

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:40 AM

Exactly. Because when I plug them in, it's like I never did at all, because I still hear it perfectly fine through the actual speakers. Nor does anything else show up in the playback devices when I look at the sound stuff, it's just the speakers. If I plug the headphones into the microphone spot, it at least makes "stereo array" or something show up, but obviously still has no effect.

I have an Acer Aspire 5750, and it runs Windows 7. I don't know if it's some kind of weird drivers issue or what, because everything I've searched and read about, the headphones volume etc. would at least show up, even if only by show disabled devices or something. This doesn't even show up. And I don't want to just mess around with the drivers willy-nilly, since I have no idea what I'm doing. :P

Acer Aspire 5750, Windows 7 64-bit, Intel i3 2.1GHz
"Neither the angels in heaven above nor the demons down under the sea can ever dissever my soul from the soul of the beautiful Annabel Lee"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

Hi  Lillielle

When you speak of speakers, are these the internal laptop speakers? Look for the headphone icon on the side/front ports of your laptop as this is for both the external speakers and headphone usage. Make sure to insert it properly or wiggle it just slightly and check the sound output from your headphones. If your not using the external speakers and have one available, try checking the audio output from there to check on the difference.

Tekken

#3 Lillielle

Lillielle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

Yes, I mean the internal laptop speakers. I don't have external speakers.

Ah. Wiggling it makes it work, for a second anyway. I don't think that can be fixed.

Acer Aspire 5750, Windows 7 64-bit, Intel i3 2.1GHz
"Neither the angels in heaven above nor the demons down under the sea can ever dissever my soul from the soul of the beautiful Annabel Lee"

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:29 PM

Then it could be a port problem that needs to be soldered as it may have become loose from the motherboard. This is a hardware problem so you might want to take it to someone or a repair shop to take care of that method.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users