Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to clear FF's memory ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cuhkwan

cuhkwan

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:14 AM

Hi forum,

When I log-in into Yahoo's e-mail with Firefox, I always got my username pop-out when I just enter first character of my log-in username.  It is convenient.  However, if I want to close this convenient function, I cannot find any way to shut it off.

Does anyone know how to do it ?  I don't have this problem in my ie or Chrome, just in FF.

Thanks forum.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 niemiro

niemiro

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:20 AM

Hello :)

Go to Tools > Options > Privacy, make sure that the dropdown menu says "Use custom settings for history", and disable "Remember search and form history". Of course, that will make Firefox forget ALL things input into any forms, not just the usernames. 

Disabling that setting will prevent Firefox from remembering new names, but the old names are still saved. You will have to remove names via Remove recent browsing, search and download history.

Source: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/666906

Edited by niemiro, 11 May 2013 - 03:21 AM.

One of the very few people in the world who is truly enthused about Windows Update and how it works...

Yes, I'm a bit weird :P

#3 cuhkwan

cuhkwan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:40 AM

Thanks!   It works right away. :thumbup2:

You're good at that. 

#4 niemiro

niemiro

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:09 AM

No problem, happy to have helped :)

One of the very few people in the world who is truly enthused about Windows Update and how it works...

Yes, I'm a bit weird :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users