This is my first time posting so I hope I am posting in the right section and the right way.
Ok this one has never happened to me before. Updating and tuning up a clients machine. (I did run combofix and JRT. and found a few small malware, nothing serious)
I did a few driver updates from windows update I believe one was a keyboard and a Realtek Ethernet driver.
I did a driver update from AMD's website for a Radeon discrete graphics card as well.
Upon rebooting the machine I get a bluescreen around the time the starting Win 7 graphics cycle from dots into a flower as they come together I get the BSD stop 0x0000007b. (pointing to a driver issue)
1. I have tried Safe Mode, just BSDs.
2. Last known config does not work.
3. Win 7 startup repair tries but says it cannot repair.
4. Tried system restore but the only system restore is about 1yr old (don't want to go there)
4. Ran memory test no issues
5. Pulled Discrete graphics and ran only Onboard video no change.
6. Disabled Ethernet, audio in Bios no change.
This is a home built system with Asus motherboard m3a78 pro running Windows 7.
Is there a way to disable drivers in win 7 recovery console, to get me back in? or some other techno sorcery to get me backup?
Thank you kindly for any help!
Here is my FRST LOG:
Mod Edit: Removed FRST log, not allowed/used in this forum. Certain malware tools are used at BC only in the Malware Removal Logs forum. See
Edited by hamluis, 11 May 2013 - 10:26 AM.
Removed FRST data - Hamluis.