Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Can't Download Files

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 idontno

idontno

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 10 April 2006 - 12:14 PM

I have been having problems with this puter.Now when i try to download files it will go to the download and start but it will never DL nothing, like it's not connected.I can't even DL windows Media player.It shows it connecting but never dl's nothing.Help me plz....idontno

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Frank_D

Frank_D

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 10 April 2006 - 02:38 PM

Are you having trouble downloading files from the Internet?
Or opening programs or files?

Which?

#3 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 10 April 2006 - 03:10 PM

Hello,

If you trust the source of the download, try adding it to your Trusted Sites in IE.

Or, you can look at your security settings and see if downloading is disabled.

1. To add sites to the trusted zone, open IE, click Tools from the menu at the top of the Browser window, and select the Internet Options option.

2. Click the Security tab, then Trusted Sites, and just below, click the tab named Sites. Then add the site of choice Apply, OK.

1. To view your Download settings, open IE, click Tools from the menu at the top of the Browser window, and select the Internet Options option.

2. Click the Security tab, and near the bottom click Advanced. Scroll down untill you find the Downloads listing, and adjust to fit your needs.

Note: this may or may not make your PC venerable to malicious attacks, depending on your current security settings. Change at your own risk.

Hope this helps,

nos :thumbsup:

When I'm right, I'm right....
And when I'm wrong, I could have been right....
So I'm still right, cause I could have been wrong.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:20 PM

idontno.

I moved your HJT log to the appropriate forum.
Here, is the link:
idontno's HJT log

NOTE:
Please, DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might think someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:25 PM

Hello,

Just in time tg911,

I looked over the log and was going to suggest moving HJT to its own folder, do a fresh scan, and head on over to the HJT forum. I previewed the post and there you were.

Thanks

nos :thumbsup:

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:53 PM

I'm too quick on the mouse, nos. :thumbsup:

If you, or anyone else, notices a HJT log posted in the wrong forum, don't bother replying to it.
Just send a PM, with a link to the post, to a Mod, and we'll move it to the appropriate forum.
The quicker it gets moved, the quicker they'll get help. :flowers:

Edited by tg1911, 12 April 2006 - 03:55 PM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:50 PM

Yes I will definitelly do that, and I should have known that,
I guess that means I am just one of those Hero types..... :thumbsup:

nos :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users