Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help me find drivers for my CD and DVD players

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DnDer

DnDer

• Members
  • 646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

I went to use them for the first time in a while (most of what I do is now based on thumb drives, even my music, most of the time), so I don't know how long the problem has been there.

Both my optical drives now have the yellow exclamation points on them, and are not recognized as drives in Explorer. The device ID is strange and not something I can look up in the PCI Database (where one can usually cure most of their driver problems).

ATAPI DVD C DH48C2S Hardware ID Listings:

IDE\CdRomATAPI_DVD_C__DH48C2S____________________NH36____
IDE\ATAPI_DVD_C__DH48C2S____________________NH36____
IDE\CdRomATAPI_DVD_C__DH48C2S____________________
ATAPI_DVD_C__DH48C2S____________________NH36____
GenCdRom

TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653Z Hardware ID Listings:

IDE\CdRomTSSTcorp_CDDVDW_TS-H653Z________________HD00____
IDE\TSSTcorp_CDDVDW_TS-H653Z________________HD00____
IDE\CdRomTSSTcorp_CDDVDW_TS-H653Z________________
TSSTcorp_CDDVDW_TS-H653Z________________HD00____
GenCdRom

The websites I found during my initial round of google searches were sites that claimed to have my drivers, but required me to sign up for a membership, or asked for personal information. The ones that didn't, I am not familiar with, and felt unsure about their overall safety, and did not download them.

Does anyone have a more reliable place to identify and download these proper drivers?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,408 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

XP contains the generic driver used for optical drives.

Louis

#3 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

Hi

Actually this error is caused by a registry fault and can be repaired easily in most cases. Please follow the steps.

1 ) Create a system restore point for safety.

2 ) Download "Tweaking.com Windows Repair " from http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html

3 ) Install and open the tool. Click next to continue.In the "start repair" tab press "Start" to open the main Window. If it asks permission to backup registry, press OK and allow it to do so.

4 )In the main screen click "unselect all" to remove default selections. Now from the left pane select "Repair CD\DVD missing" and press start to begin the repair. Your system will be restarted after around one minute. Check if the drives are working now.

#4 DnDer

DnDer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 646 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

That seemed to do the trick. Thank you very much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users